Are you looking to have a bigger impact this year on Chloe’s Fight against Children’s Rare Diseases? Are you competing in the team challenge to win the VIP after-party challenge for biggest fundraiser? Do you have a network of friends & family that support your fight against rare disease but are not able to attend this year’s Chloe’s Fight 5K?
If you answered yes to any of those questions above, then creating a fundraising team is for you! Through our race registration software, you can easily raise funds in the weeks leading up to event from your family & friends. Just follow the steps below to set up a fundraising page after registering that will allow you to send emails, direct people to your page for online donations & check on the status of your fundraising goal. Also see our tips below to easily raise $250 for Chloe’s Fight in the next four weeks.
FUNDRAISING AS A TEAM
1. Create Your Team (team is made up of people who attend the event in person)
- Visit our Chloe’s Fight website & click on the Register button (or navigate directly to https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=37588
- Click on Create a Group Team
- You will be asked to create an account by entering your email address and providing a password
- Follow the instructions until you “check out”
- You will be taken to your team management page from where you can invite more people to join your team.
- Friends can also join your running/walking team by going to the website https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=37588 and clicking on “Join An Existing Team.”
2. Create your Team Fundraising Page (fundraising page to allow people to donate to your team who can’t attend the event in person)
- After creating your team, pay close attention to the confirmation email you receive. Check your spam folder if you don’t find it.
- In the email, you will find a link to create your team’s fundraising profile.
- Click on the “Start Fundraising” button.
- Choose “Group Fundraising” to create your team’s fundraising page.
- You’ll have the opportunity to add an image, for example your company logo or picture of your team together.
- You can request donations or have people join your fundraising team by using the fundraising link at the bottom of your team’s fundraising page.
- Friends can also search for your team’s page from this fundraising site: https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=37588
FUNDRAISING AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- After registering as an individual, pay close attention to the confirmation email you receive. Check your spam if you do not see it.
- You will see a link to create your personal fundraising page.
- Click on the “Start Fundraising” button.
- Choose “Individual Fundraising” to create your personal fundraising page.
- You’ll have the opportunity to add an image, such as a picture of you running in last year’s 5K or of you in a toga.
- You can now request donations from friends and family by using the fundraising link at the bottom of your team’s fundraising page.
- Friends can also search for your personal fundraiser from this fundraising page: https://www.raceit.com/fundraising/?event=32647
TIPS FOR RAISING $250 FOR CHLOE’S FIGHT
- Before sending out the invitation to your fundraising page to friends & family, make a $25 donation yourself. Lead by example and make your pledge first.
- Send an email to your friends & family first asking them to join the event first and then for their support! Tell your story and why you support Chloe’s Fight. The more you talk about the event (whether on Facebook or in person), the more people will share in your excitement and want to support you.
- Post this flyer of the 5K at your desk or in the lunch room at work if you have permission. ( Contact us for a high quality color flyer you can post.)
- To anyone who says they regret they’re not able to make it to the race, let them know they can still support the fundraiser by donating online.
- Do you have 500 friends all over the country on Facebook? Don’t be afraid to use social media to your advantage. Show them how they can support a cause you believe in!
- Ask one person each day to support you with $20. Now you’re on your way to winning that personal fundraising or team fundraising invitation to the VIP after-party offered by our partner, The Taste of Greece.
- Explore matching gift options. Ask your company or a friend’s business to match the amount of pledges you receive.
- Add this challenge to your personal email footer for the next few weeks leading up to the event.
- Use your imagination – you might be surprised how people respond to your passion!
- And don’t forget, you can check the fundraising leader board to monitor your progress in the VIP after-party challenge!
Note: Any individuals donations made during registration will not automatically count toward a team fundraising goal due to race software limitations. But if you let us know, we can manually track the donation correctly to ensure it is taken into account for VIP after-party prize.
If you have any questions or concerns with fundraising for Chloe’s Fight 5K, please contact us at email@example.com